Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Birthday Boy!

He was 5 on Friday!!


He had a birthday tea on the day and a party with his best friend the day after (their birthdays are quite conveniently only 2 days apart). His main present was his 'very own' kitchen - he has decided he wants to be a chef when he grows up!

So for mum, that required 2 cakes:


The choccy birthday tea one, and the big party one. I have to admit that I totally stole the idea for this one (below) from Soule Mama who made an identical one for one of her brood recently.

The party was at his friend's house - well, barn really - because we crossed our fingers and plumpt for an outside barbeque. Luckily, the weather was glorious - at first - their was a dodgy moment when the sky when very black, but then it must has passed around us because the sun came out again!
We gave them a good run around outside over the horse jumps first, before some inside games and food. They each left with a balloon (I don't know about you, but I think party bags are a waste of money) and cake.
So a good time was had by all. I came home and had a lovely hot bath to relax. And nearly fell asleep in it. So I thought, may as well have a lie down. At 5.30pm. And I stayed there - all night! Not that it's a sign of age or anything.
The next day we had to tend to our allotment. Can you see some tinsy tiny green things poking through (above)? That's the spinach.
And this (above) is my newly planted out courgettes. Grown from seed in the greenhouse, they are now very sturdy little plants indeed.
Now, if any of you just happen to be near a radio at 1745 tonight and just happen to be listening to Radio Cumbria, you might just hear me doing my diary thingy that they asked me to do recently. I think it's on twice tonight (to make up for the Bank Hol yesterday) and then every night this week at the same time - 1745. You will find me cringing behind a cushion somewhere.
Tomorrow - I promise - some actual sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great birthday and I totally agree with you on party bags .... most of what they contain is tat and ends up in the bin. The rain we have had over the past few days has made everything sprout including weeds so a little tidying up is needed I think. It's too cold today (what a chicken I am!) so tomorrow it will be. If I can get Radio Cumbria on the internet I will try and listen to you tonight.

    ReplyDelete