Friday 28 May 2010

Another sewing Sesh!

I think I'm in the midst of a bit of a sewing frenzy. I don't seem to be able to stop myself. After lunch on Wednesday, I decided a needed a new bag to use for my sewing class, as my patchwork one (eyes right) has been taken over with the crochet blanket. So, with just over an hour to make it before I picked up the boy, I turned this old skirt and thrifted pillowcase, into

... this, shabby chic, very worn looking hobo bag.


Perfecto. Certainly holds quite a lot actually. Then yesterday, I thought it was about time I used up my lovely Amy Butler print that I purchased back in February and was still languishing on my shelf. But what to make? In the end I settled for Heather Ross's Trapeze Dress (from Weekend Sewing), except I made it into a top.

I didn't have any tracing paper, so had to lay the pattern on some newspaper and then used my unpicker to prick holes around the pattern, but I cut out it out. It was a bit tedious, but worth it.


The pink is a lot brighter than it looks here and looks fab with a pink cardi I have. Nice to pop on over jeans (it covers the bum), with the said cardi.

Parents are back today, so I guess the machine will have to be put away for another week. Sigh. It's reverse psychology, isn't it? The minute it's out of bounds is the exact minute I HAVE to make something ... Shall have to content myself with knitting the summer top and doing a few more hexes. Have a good weekend, all!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. It's definitely worth a heartfelt sigh. I love the bag you've made. Kim :)

    ReplyDelete