Wednesday 23 June 2010

Keep on Knitting

So, of course you remember this - yummy pattern ...



Well things are progressing ...



... and I'm half way up the front now too.




I've shortened it quite a bit - by a good 14cm - as I want it to rest on my waist, not my hips. I'm figuring on wearing a vest/T-shirt underneath which will come down longer, if you know what I mean. Am loving the Rowan Milk Cotton too - very nice to work with and very soft and stretchy.

Now. On Saturday, our sewing group is going to Woolfest, in Cockermouth (only an hour away). (Yes, I know it's a sewing group, but many of us are knitters too). So, in preparation I was perusing the website, as you do, and one thing led to another and the next thing I knew I was having a browse through this new book -

... and with every (virtual) turn of the page, all I could thing was ... drool ...

I want one of these ...

... and one of these

... and maybe one or other of these ...

... definitely this one

.. and definitely this one too. But oh dear I thought. What if I get to Woolfest and there are no books left on the stand to buy? I mean, surely everyone is going to be heading straight for this stall and this very book? Surely it would be better to buy it now, then I can decide which pattern I could start first and then purchase the wool on Saturday? Eh? :-) Let's just say I am going prepared with a big empty bag.

Meanwhile, I have not been idle, oh no, no, no. I just had to launch another shirt into the world, for the boy. Knit. Shirt. Knit. Shirt. Knit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment