Sunday 11 April 2010

New life

These are just a few of the new arrivals over Easter ...
ickle lamb,

ickle chicks,


and ickle piggies!
Mildred, the sow, gave birth to 20 - yes, TWENTY! - piglets over Easter! Well done Mildred (and also well done George!) Poor old sow, her teets are hanging on the ground! Actually, 3 were still born and 5 were sadly squashed by her - but nature has her way - she only has 12 teets and 12 survived.
And this is a rather funny sign we came across yesterday on our walk - talk about a sign of the times - see the quad bike?!
Not much in the way of creativity over the Easter I'm afraid, due to our soujourn to see the family. I did manage to get 2 out of the 3 girls knitting though, which was a good result. However, the french knitting bobbins for the younger ones were no good - far to tricky for little fingers to master. I lost count of the amount of times I was asked to sort them out - with no stitches left on the pins!
School is back tomorrow, so hopefully I shall return to my usual activities this week. Let's hope the sun keeps shining, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment