Friday 23 April 2010

Feast your eyes on ...

... these! Yes, I'm afraid I've gone granny square crazy, now that I've finally got the hang of it, and I decided to treat myself this morning to a quick jaunt over to the lovely wool shop.


As I was using up my stash of Debblie Bliss Cashmerino, I thought I'd keep it simple and just replenish with the one type of yarn - plus, the colours are so lush anyway. I'm thinking jewell-like, so it's going to be quite a nice, bright, summery blanket.


They don't have fly off the needle though! Hence the urgent need for some yarn - hubby is out tomorrow night so I can hook away till my heart's content (not that I don't anyway!). The good thing about these squares is that it's fun to choose your colours, and they don't take long to do so you don't get bored. I'm not sure how you join them altogether into a blanket - shall have to perhaps consult Attic 24 for a bit of help on that one - but I think once all the square are joined, you can crochet a border around it all, just to finish it all off. The other thing is, I think it might be wise to sew the ends in as you go along, otherwise the prospect of hundreds of ends to sew in all at once could be extremely off-putting!
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. the granny squares look gorgeous, thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment,
    how can i follow attic24? do i just subscribe to posts? and will it show in my list of blogs that i'm following or does it appear somewhere else? sorry for all the questions
    thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete