Thursday 8 July 2010

Tank Top Love

You know it's a funny thing, but I have just realised that I am a bit obsessed with Tank Tops. For years now, I have been on the holy grail of finding the perfect Tank Top. You see, being the classic pear shape that I am, my thinking is that the bulk/extra layer of a tank top on your top half kind of helps to balance out the hips. And yet, somehow, so many tank tops do not look right. Some do - I have 2 in my wardrobe that I wear - but I also have lots of others that look catastophic. Actually, tank tops are pretty hard items to find in the shops (perhaps because they are about 30 years out of fashion? I don't know, it could be that:).


Anyhow, it suddenly occurred to me the other day that a tank top would be the most perfect item of clothing for a 5 year old boy! Hurrah! An excuse to create my (well, his) very own tank top creation!

I used up the rest of my Rowan Milk Cotton on this, imagining it as some sort of 'cricket' top (NOT that he plays crickets, of course not), or teamed with some navy shorts.

I think it's turned out okay. So I'm going to start another one in this glorious yarn that I got from Woolfest. A perfect colour to go with jeans, no? I do hope the boy likes it (he hasn't seen it yet). Me thinks he might just be in for a few more tank tops in the future ...

1 comment:

  1. Whoa tank tops .... that has taken me back in time being a child of the 70s ... I can remember making a vivid claret and yellow stripey one and I had matching socks .... eek ... the 70s where definitely the decade that style forgot! Love yours though and can't wait to see what you create next. Take care.

    ReplyDelete