Friday 28 August 2009

At last, my creative juices have started to return, although this time in the form of a vigorous knitting frenzy. Have discovered the absolutely fabulous site that is Ravelry - genius on many levels, not least the idea of looking up a yarn and then finding loads of gorgeous patterns to knit with it. I had some Rowan Aran wool which I was going to make a moss stitch cardi with, but half way up the back I decided a) it was going to be way to small, and b) I didn't really like it that much. So then I had all this yarn and nothing to knit. So I looked it up on Ravelry and have found a gorgeous pattern for another cardi. This time, I actually did the tension check and knitted my little square - good job I did as I needed to go up a few needle sizes. Anyhow, as with any new knitting project, all you want to do is knit, knit, knit! So I have been clack, clacking away and have nearly finished the back. Mind you, aran is very fast to knit up.

When not knitting, the cleaning frenzy has eased a little, although I have visitors tonight, so obviously everything has had to be spick and span. They're only staying one night! Good job they're not staying longer!! Casserole is in the Aga and wine at the ready ...

I expect you're a bit frustrated by the lack of pictures on this blog, but I am working on that. It's due to the totally crap nature of my computer I'm afraid, but a new one is promised soon, so stay with me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment