Friday 21 August 2009

As usual, nearly all of the things that I was going to do today have not been done. No change there then. I have not done any sewing at all, which is madness as I have birthday presents to make for people whose birthdays will not wait. Instead I have spent the entire day cleaning. Not that my house is extremely dirty (of course) but the reorganisation bug that I had yesterday managed to mutate into a cleaning bug today. So I have spent 2 whole days moving things and cleaning things - which is really rather dull and not at all creative. I'm also fairly tired now, too. Boo hoo.

In order to redeem the situation, I fully intend to finish the make-up bag that I am making for my mother's birthday (which was last week). The idea comes from Tone Finnengar's book 'Sew Pretty Homestyle' which I cannot recommend highly enough. It is the most delightful book ever and I have made so many things from it which have all turned out really well. The make-up bag is very cute, with embroidery on the outside, lined on the inside. Then I have to cover an A5 size book for another birthday present, this time for my friend Yvonne. I think this makes a lovely present - just a blank notebook with a fancy cover. I for one am a bit of a stationery addict - I love the idea of a book just waiting to be filled with notes and ideas and journal entries and well, anything really. I shall show you the finished products when they are ... finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment