Tuesday 5 October 2010

Good Times!


Stanley's back!!! I am happy! My house is warm! I can cook and bake again! The last 4 weeks have seemed like the heart of the house had been ripped out and we were forced to 'camp out' in our own kitchen on a make-shift hob and oven. Anyhow. Ordeal over. Breathe in. Breathe out. :-) Smile.
Yesterday turned out to be a great day, in fact, because as well as getting Stanley fixed, I started my new Pattern Cutting nightclass. Nothing like I expected. The first class was all measuring and calculating and drawing, which was a bit hard on the old - and dusty - brain cells. However, at the end of the evening I had cut out my first skirt 'block'. A block is a basic pattern using your own body measurements, so it will fit perfectly, and which you use as a starting point to design your own patterns. Our homework for next Monday is to design our own skirt, so that we can cut the pattern in the class! Am absolutely chuffed to bits with this as it's something I've always wanted to learn how to do, and of course it means that from now on, every item of clothing I make will fit perfectly. Imagine having a wardrobe which is tailormade! We will be moving onto trousers next which I am especially looking forward to because I honestly don't think I've ever had a pair of trousers that fit me properly.


Meanwhile, I have been progressing with the first fairisle project. Just got one arm to finish and then I think the fun will start as I will have all those ends to sew in :( However, it will need a good blocking session first as the fairisle tends to pull it out of shape somewhat.

But it's going to have to wait for now because I have cakes to bake and pies to cook today. Hurrah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment